Uwchaled Medical Practice

01490 420210

Telephone lines open 8:00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday

Sexual Health / Contraception

If you have concerns or need help and advice regarding sexual health, you can speak to the Doctor or Practice Nurse, however the best place to go is a local Sexual Health Clinic.  They are the experts!  A sexual health or genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic specialises in sexual health, and can provide advice, tests and treatment for many STIs.

To get more information and find your local clinic visit these NHS pages

NHS Direct Wales Live Well – Sexual Health

NHS – Visit an STI Clinic


The Doctor or Practice Nurse can provide advice on contraception.

As well as the traditional ‘pill’ we offer contraceptive injections and the fitting of coils.

C-Card Scheme

You might have heard about the C-Card Scheme from school.  The Wales C-Card scheme is available at the practice.

The C-Card scheme provides free condoms, contraception advice and basic sexual health information to young people aged 13 to 25 in places like youth centres, colleges and clinics.

The C-Card (condom card) is a small card which will fit into your pocket, wallet or purse. Having a card means that you can get free condoms from various places which are part of the scheme. Both young men and women can get a c-card.

You will need to make an appointment to sign up to the scheme, but after that you can just drop-in when it suits you.

If you want more information, please contact Megan, Healthcare Assistant.

For more information on sexual health for young people please visit: http://www.friskywales.org/