Uwchaled Medical Practice

Reception phone line: 8:00am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday

Dispensary phone line: 10.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday

Registering as a Patient

Regular Patients

We welcome requests to register with the practice from anyone who lives within our practice boundary. We serve the rural area which is within an 8-10 mile radius from the practice.

In order to register you need to complete the appropriate registration forms. The forms can be collected from reception or downloaded here;

  1. Registration Form (June 2021 version)
  2. New Pt Health Questionnaire
  3. New Pt Questionnaire 

It is recommended that you see the healthcare assistant for a new patient health check.  You can arrange this appointment at reception once you are registered.

Please be aware that it can take a number of weeks for your medical records to transfer to us from your previous practice. In the interim period we won’t have any information about you.  It would be helpful if you could ask your previous GP practice for a ‘brief summary’ and pass that on to us. We also need proof of the medication you are taking.

Any patient who changes address and then reside outside of our practice area cannot remain as a patient unfortunately and it is a requirement that they register with the practice nearest to their home as soon as possible.

Temporary Patients

Any GP can treat you as a temporary patient if you are away from home for longer than 24 hours.  Please contact the surgery by telephone first, alternatively, refer to NHS 111 Wales where a Nurse Adviser may be able to help with your problem. If you are going to be away from home for 3 months or more you should register with a GP at your new address as soon as possible.


If you are a patient at the practice and go away from home to attend university, you would normally register with a new GP practice near to where you are living.  Please understand that when you do this, it means that you are no longer a patient at this practice and all the records which we hold for you are transferred to the new practice and you become inactive on our system.   When you are back home during  holidays, we can see you as a temporary patient but we won’t have access to your medical records.

Changing Practice

If you decide that you want to change practice, you don’t have to tell us or give us an explanation.  To change practice, you should contact the surgery you want to change to, and ask if they will accept you as a patient. If they agree to take you on, you will need to fill in a registration form. When you have registered with the new surgery, your medical records will be sent to them.